So I found this post, over at Rare Bird Freelancer, very helpful. It just outlined how to go about getting out of my horrible little job, into something I chose for myself. The way she put things made everything tangible and possible, if approached step by step. I was also reminded – ah, that pesky business of goals. So necessary, and yet so difficult to peg down, because then you’re accountable. So, without further adieu, my goals for the remainder of the year.
– Post in my blog an average of three times a week. Be an excellent editor for the e-learning website
– Write my first set of three query letters
– Continue meeting with AT to develop screenplay at least twice a week
– Finish reading my new book about freelance writing
– Get business cards made up
– Finally settle on a domain, and snatch it up
I think all of this is attainable. Once August is finished, I’m going to review back on how well I did, and establish some long-term goals – most likely with vision of six months from then.